Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 10-25-2017, 09:40 AM
Skipper

Default The GSG group...

...on Saturday.

From left to right:

Paul, Don, Mercedes, our new Newlyweds Lucia & Jerry, the weekend’s hosts, Joel and Judy, their son Scott and his fiancé Jaquelyn. Standing in from of them is Erika from SoCal. Scott and Jaquelyn’s friends, Chance and Macaela, Alex from SoCal, little Bailey with father James, George, and to the far right is Lilli and Jack from Fresno. Kneeling down is our Plastic’s Guy, Brett with daughter Peyton, Brandon and Kristina and their young daughter Ava, and little Braydee with mom, Chyanee, Paul and Christine’s daughter. Missing are Jack and Lilli’s son Jeff and Barbie (not pictured)

Taken from Guisti’s Place boat dock. Just want to say how we really enjoy being around GSG folks. We had so much fun on Saturday.

Hope you enjoyed some of the pictures.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1324.jpg  
Old 10-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Mate

Looks like your all had a great time and beautiful weather!
Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Skipper

Default Great Time

I have been busy since we got home, but I just wanted to comment on the Great weekend. The weather cooperated .

We arrived on Thursday afternoon and spent a relaxing afternoon at Tower park. We walked the facility and saw all the changes JellyStone has made. Most were geared to make Tower park a Child Friendly Destination. (not a bad thing especially for when my grandson get a little older)

Rained some Thursday night , but I covered the boat so no harm done.

Friday weather cleared and just enjoyed the sunshine watching boats at the launch ramp. Late Morning David Martin and Jerry and Lucia Foster arrived. They launched their boats and the we enjoyed lunch at our RV spot (cabin check in was 4pm) After lunch and some good conversation Jerry and Lucia and David (with me joining him in his AristoCraft) took a little cruise. We got back in time for cabin check in and the arrival of Jack and Lil and his son Jeff with Barbie. My son Scott and his Fiancé Jacquelyn showed about 8pm.

Saturday Morning began cool and clear. The six boat docked at Tower Park were joined by 6 more boats that launched from B&W. Eduardo's route to lunch and then Ice cream were fun and picturesque. I saw parts of the Delta I had never seen before.

At the end of the cruise, six boats headed back to Tower and the other headed back to B&W and drove over to Tower for the Pot Luck.

Pot Luck was great as usual.

Sunday, six boats headed to Wimpi's for breakfast in Walnut Grove. The trip there was very pleasant as we just dodged the fisherman and their fishing lines. On the return trip Jeff and Barbi's Spectre hit some debris which resulted in a damaged rudder. Jack towed him back to Tower and no one was hurt.

Drove home and boat stayed attached to the RV (which is always a plus)

Thanks to Eduardo and Mercedes for planning the route.

Thanks to all of you for making the effort to attend, especially Alex and Erika for making the long journey from So Cal.

To me , boating with a group multiplies the fun by the # of those participating!

In closing, I just have to mention how lucky I feel (as well as Jack and Paul) to have the relation ship with our children, to be able share these interests and activities with them(and grandchildren)

1/2 1980 Glastron Carlson Scimitar

Joel and Judy, Clovis, CA.

Last edited by mrho455; 10-31-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Skipper

Default Sunday morning

Sunday morning at Tower Park marina was clear but cool. The boats had a lot of dew on them from the dampness overnight. We made a 12 mile run to Wimpys for breakfast. Those attending were: David, Joel and Judy, Jeff and Barbie, Jack and Lili, Erika and Alex, Scott and Jaquelyn, Lucia and I. Good food and great company made a nice finale to the weekend at Tower Park.

JRF (Jerry)
Attached Thumbnails
Sunday morning at Tower Park.jpg   Sunday morning at TP -0.jpg   Sunday morning at TP -1.jpg   Sunday morning at TP-2.jpg   Sunday morning at TP-2a.jpg  

Sunday morning at TP-3jpg.jpg   Sunday morning at TP -4.jpg   Sunday morning at Wimpys restaurant.jpg   Sunday morning at Wimpys restaurant 2.jpg  

Last edited by JRF; 10-31-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrho455 View Post
I have been busy since we got home, but I just wanted to comment on the Great weekend. The weather cooperated .

We arrived on Thursday afternoon and spent a relaxing afternoon at Tower park. We walked the facility and saw all the changes JellyStone has made. Most were geared to make Tower park a Child Friendly Destination. (not a bad thing especially for when my grandson get a little older)

Rained some Thursday night , but I covered the boat so no harm done.

Friday weather cleared and just enjoyed the sunshine watching boats at the launch ramp. Late Morning David Martin and Jerry and Lucia Foster arrived. They launched their boats and the we enjoyed lunch at our RV spot (cabin check in was 4pm) After lunch and some good conversation Jerry and Lucia and David (with me joining him in his AristoCraft) took a little cruise. We got back in time for cabin check in and the arrival of Jack and Lil and his son Jeff with Barbie. My son Scott and his Fiancé Jacquelyn showed about 8pm.

Saturday Morning began cool and clear. The six boat docked at Tower Park were joined by 6 more boats that launched from B&W. Eduardo's route to lunch and then Ice cream were fun and picturesque. I saw parts of the Delta I had never seen before.

At the end of the cruise, six boats headed back to Tower and the other headed back to B&W and drove over to Tower for the Pot Luck.

Pot Luck was great as usual.

Sunday, six boats headed to Wimpi's for breakfast in Walnut Grove. The trip there was very pleasant as we just dodged the fisherman and their fishing lines. On the return trip Jeff and Barbi's Spectre hit some debris which resulted in a damaged rudder. Jack towed him back to Tower and no one was hurt.

Drove home and boat stayed attached to the RV (which is always a plus)

Thanks to Eduardo and Mercedes for planning the route.

Thanks to all of you for making the effort to attend, especially Alex and Erika for making the long journey from So Cal.

To me , boating with a group multiplies the fun by the # of those participating!

In closing, I just have to mention how lucky I feel (as well as Jack and Paul) to have the relation ship with our children, to be able share these interests and activities with them(and grandchildren)
Joel, totally agree, very fortunate indeed. As for the entire day on Saturday, Mercedes and I really had a great time. Always a fun time with the good folks in GSG.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Old 11-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRF View Post
Sunday morning at Tower Park marina was clear but cool. The boats had a lot of dew on them from the dampness overnight. We made a 12 mile run to Wimpys for breakfast. Those attending were: David, Joel and Judy, Jeff and Barbie, Jack and Lili, Erika and Alex, Scott and Jaquelyn, Lucia and I. Good food and great company made a nice finale to the weekend at Tower Park.

JRF (Jerry)
Jerry, thanks for sharing the peaceful and calm morning pictures on the Delta. Very nice.

Eduardo