Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 01-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Skipper

Default S H A S T A 2017 (sticky please)

This the official unofficial announcement of SHASTA for 2017

Thursday June 15,through Sunday, June 18, 2017 - at Hirz Bay Public Campground on Shasta Lake

People are now making reservations, so if you want to come, please make your reservations early.

Hirz Bay public campground is modern and clean facility on the McCloud Arm of Lake Shasta. There is shoreline boat access and miles upon miles of beautiful water to enjoy. Each campsite has a private parking spot that is relatively level. Some sites have pull - through access for large RV / trailer setups. There are no RV hookups available. Fresh drinking and cooking water is provided through out the entire campground. Each site is equipped with a cement patio, locking Bear box, picnic table, and fire pit. Some sites have a built in barbeque for charcoal. Many sites have flat areas to put up a tent. Most sites have ample shade. The lowest numbered sites have a diffused view of the lake and shoreline access. There are modern bathrooms with flush toilets, running water, and electric light. No showers are available.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO

Single sites include one vehicle, double sites two vehicles; extra vehicles are $6 per night
Average maximum trailer size is 30 feet
Keep food in the provided bear-proof containers
Poison oak is abundant in the area

There is a $12 daily fee to park vehicles at the launch - there is no launch fee. Most avoid this fee by driving vehicles back to the campsites after launching

There is a large cove with shoreline access next to the campground ( near sites 15-25) Boats can be beached or buoyed here for the entire weekend

IMPORTANT - the reservation website map shows the lake access on the WRONG side of the campground !!! The higher number sites are NOT on the water.

SITES 15 through 25 are closest to the water.

RESERVATION LINK - https://www.recreation.gov/camping/H...O&parkId=71523

This should be an excellent boating year, with all the water we have in the lakes. More details will be forthcoming.

Last edited by Motorhead; 01-25-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Skipper

Are you going to be posting a roster of who is coming and where they are staying?
Glad to hear your going to do it again. Not sure I can make it but a lot of folks really look forward to it.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Skipper

It will be up to members to post their own name and location, or not - as they see fit. I will try to have a roster, but it won't be posted publicly on the board. Some persons are understandably concerned about privacy. If I can compile an attendee roster, I will gladly email a copy of it to verified members upon request.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Skipper

Default 2017 shasta

We booked our site.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Old 01-27-2017, 06:54 PM
Skipper

Hey Bruce what's the name of the on the water hotel at the Bridge S or W of Hertz Bay? If I can make it I think we will stay there and motor up and back each day and evening, may get lucky and have a full moon. I'll check.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Skipper

Will still hope to get lucky but no such luck with the moon, week before would have been magnificent.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 again View Post
Hey Bruce what's the name of the on the water hotel at the Bridge S or W of Hertz Bay? If I can make it I think we will stay there and motor up and back each day and evening, may get lucky and have a full moon. I'll check.
Hey Jack, you're referring to bridge bay. I've stayed there several times the hotel rates are very affordable, be sure to get the AAA discount. It's right off the 5 Fwy. Centrally located on the lake, a short cruise to the campground at Hertz bay. And a short car drive to Redding. They also offer slips at the marina for $20/night so you don't have to launch your boat daily. There is also a decent resturaunt on site and pretty cool bar upstairs.

If I'm able to attend that's where I'll be!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Skipper

Your right on Alex. Rates are reasonable and the slip while not $20 but $25 a day is also reasonable. Shuttle to and from makes it a really deal for an old guy with bad legs. Are we going to see you their this year? How about Bass Lake in May?
Would love to boat with you kids again.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Mate

Hi Jack,

I dropped off the Glastron over at Vintage Boatworks for a new transom last week. We should be ready for the water again soon!

Yes, we will definitely be at Bass Lake in May for the ACBS Show, and I have Shasta on my calendar!
Old 02-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Skipper

That's great to hear. My plan is to take the Avalon to Bass and probably the Seafair Sedan to Shasta.

We will be leaving Shasta to spend a week with our sons over at Trinity for a week of using the day cruisers. Haven't vacationed with both son's for well over 20 years and we are really looking forward to it.