Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 12:06 PM
Skipper

What time would you like to get underway from Wimpy's ?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRF View Post
What time would you like to get underway from Wimpy's ?
Jerry, I'd say be there around 9:00 to 9:30 am. Be on the water and ready to cruise by 10 am.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Skipper

Default Lunch on Sunday

I want to eat at Al's. Sounds like another great restaurant like Fanny Ann's.
Can't wait to get to Lodi on Friday. See you on Saturday Eduardo and Mercedes.

Betty - Gotwater
Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Skipper

Hey Terry will you carry me?
Old 04-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Skipper

Default Jack, jack, been there done that

Here you go JACK. Trust me your in good hands.
Mission Bay 2003 in February. They were afraid to get their feet wet or it may have been the SALTWATER.
Picture are not the best, I have them on a CD and can't transfer to the board. These are the pictures on my computer screen I took with a camera.
Our Avalon was the only boat at the first 5 meets and then this couple showed up with there Performer Seven Seas. A real nice boat, but not as nice as a Glasspar Seafair Sedan. He was in the Navy and a few months later got transferred overseas and the boat was sold. We never heard from him or saw the boat again.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT

TERRY BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Attached Thumbnails
100_9109.jpg   100_9108.jpg   100_9106.jpg   100_9107.jpg   100_9105.jpg  

100_9100.jpg   100_9097.jpg   100_9096.jpg  
Old 04-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Skipper

I knew you had a good heart. Pictures of the Seven Seas kinda makes me wish I hadn't scrapped the one I had a year or so ago. Oh well you can't save them all.

Sea Ya Soon
Old 04-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Skipper

Hello everyone, only two more days till the Delta picnic and cruise and Mercedes and I are looking forward to seeing all of you again. I think the last time we saw most of you was during last yearís Fall Glassics Cruise 6 months ago; how time goes by.

So the water keeps rising here in our Sacramento Rivers. County regional parks are closed still due to flooding. Mercedes and I took another road trip to Hogback Island to make sure it was still okay. All seems fine, grass is really tall though because of all the rain, otherwise the launch is open and we are good to go on Saturday. We will plan on being there very early in the morning and make sure we get the same spot.

As far as food, we will barbecue dogs, as usual, and supply buns and condiments. We will also bring a few cases of bottled water, and a couple of ice chest and some ice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8978.JPG   IMG_8979.JPG   IMG_8980.JPG  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Skipper

Default Change of lunch plans...

...for Sunday, 2nd Day on the Delta. I have not provided the start time on Sunday because we werenít 100 percent sure whether it was in Walnut Grove/Locke or Rio Vista. Our recent road trip included a visit to Rio Vista. Luckily we did. The Rio Vista Public Dock was actually closed, again due to high river waters and high tide. So that scratches the initial plans to Lucy's; however, we do have another lunch option in Rio Vista. Just down the river is another popular restaurant with the best views of the Delta called The Point. Mercedes and I drove down to check out their dock and boat access. Itís perfect, no debris and easy access to the restaurant. Also fuel is available nearby next to the restaurant. This is a better option for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8982.JPG   IMG_8983.JPG   IMG_8986.JPG   IMG_8989.JPG   IMG_8988.JPG  

IMG_8987.jpg  
Old 04-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Skipper

Default Let's be ready...

Since The Point restaurant from Wimpyís is close to 37 miles, weíd like to start our cruise earlier. Letís meet before 9:30 am and be ready on the water to cruise out before 10 am. The long cruise and lunch will pretty much be an all-day returning late afternoon, so letís make sure everything is in good working order and have all your safety items in place. This goes for both days. The rivers and sloughs are at the highest level that I have seen, the current is quick and debris on the water. So always think safety first. We have been very fortunate that all our cruises and runs recently have been without issues, so letís do our part and make sure that continues.

Mercedes and I will see you in a couple of days.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Skipper

Default Change of launch plans...

...for tomorrow, Sunday April 23rd. We will now launch from B $ W Resirt and Marina. Meetup at 9:30 am and roll out by 10 am. There are 11 boats confirmed. Informed most everyone who are planning on joining us tomorrow.

Sorry for the late notice. Just got back from the Delta Picnic and Cruise. What a day, 15 boats total came today with their wonderful owners. What a fun and a bit of an adventurous day.

Eduardo and Mercedes