Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum > Swap & Sell > Listings on the Web

Old 10-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Skipper

Eduardo's Dorsett with fins is featured in some of his older videos on YouTube. Look for ones with the '58 Dorsett El Dorado on his channel "Dude in Catalina".

JRF (Jerry)
Old 10-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Mate

SOMEONE NEEDS TO BUY THIS!!! Wow this is way too cool! I bet Jack is already on his way over to pick it up! Dave, you better hurry over there!

Yes, Erika and I now officially have a fleet of boats! Jack made the Seafair too hard to pass up!
Old 10-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Skipper

The next boat will have to be a cabin cruiser, because if I came home with another boat, my wife would kick me out! She keeps asking me when I'm getting rid of the one I have. LOL!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:05 AM
Skipper

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Skipper

Default The only Dorsett model...

...with fins, though subtle, still very cool, especially the trim used on their fins. I was just updated by David Martin and Jerry Foster on this subject. Because of the size of this El Rey (advertised as a 17), fins not as noticeable as with the smaller El Dorado (15) model. I'm a big Dorsett fan. Our former 1958 Dorsett El Dorado that we had for a few years is one of the reasons why. We especially like the walk through center deck and this El Rey is the same setup. Left hand steering two like ours. Only the models El Dorado and El Rey have the fins. I've seen only 1-2 '58 El Rey, online, in the 12+ plus years Ive been into old boats, and one of them was in Napa. Not 100% sure, Id have to look at my old pictures, but this one could be the same El Ray with the Tee Nee trailer and motor. You don't see many of the '58 El Dorado much, but the El Rey is even rarer. This is a much bigger boat than the El Dorado, same hull as the '58 Monterey cruiser. As much as I would love to have this old Dorsett with Tee Nee too, I just don't need another one or another project. I have seen a 58 Dorsett Saratoga (no fins) before. Never seen a 58 Dorsett El Rey in person though, so this would be a treat to see. How cool would it be to have her in our group? Someone in this group needs to get this cool rare old Dorsett.

And to Jack and Lilli for selling a boat, and to Ericka and Alex for buying another one. congrats to both couples. Congrats Alex and Ericka on acquiring a nice old cruiser with modern motor. They say that the Glasspar Seafair Sedan pocket cruisers are the best riding old pocket cruisers, so you got a good one there.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Old 11-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Skipper

Guy's just so you don't get upset that I let a boat get by me I have an appointment with the owner for this weekend. We are waiting to see what the weather does and the fact that he is working on a friends home that was burned up north. I just couldn't stand it so I called him last night. If all goes well I will have it at our Spring Day on the Delta, assuming Eduardo puts one on.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Skipper

Ha. I knew you wouldn't let us down Jack! If it is on Sunday and you need any assistance, let me know. I think I will be around.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Mate

I support Jacks boat addiction...
Old 11-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Skipper

Default So glad this old rare Dorsett...

...is going to be in our GSG. Way to go Jack. Very excited for you and Lilli. Hopefully she goes through this weekend. I cant wait to see her in person. If you bring this 58 Dorsett El Rey, we could have at least 3 new old boats for next years Day on the Delta, all old Dorsett boats too. Good luck this weekend Jack.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Old 11-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Skipper

Well guys it was just too much project for me at this time. While the hull is sound someone brush painted it including the rub rail. Deck was in decent condition and may have been salvageable. Boat is definitely a project. Good news is the trailer is pretty damn nice and after I left I thought maybe I should buy this for the trailer but thankfully we were enjoying a ride down Hwy 1 and I just didn't want to turn around. Drove all the way to Moss Landing and had a great late lunch at Phil's then headed home getting in at 5:30 not a bad 10hr day. Just getting Lil ready for our trip to Havasu later this week.