Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Glassic Garage > Restro

Old 08-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Mate

I didn't know they all came with the saddle tanks I thought it was an add on. You learn something new every day!
Well now I have even more to think about Maybe I'll just add another 6 gallon under the back and call it good for a while. The boat is running and i need to use it before winter gets here!

I would like to get e new E-tec for the boat but I just can't afford it yet, the kids need a college account!

TBL
Old 10-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Mate

Here are some pics of the temporary seat bases I made to get me through the summer until I can come up with a better design. I also installed the radio. Now that it is fall I need to take it out 1 more time and then get it ready for winter .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171007_153407.jpg (94.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20171007_153435.jpg (93.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Skipper

Default thebiglazy

Well it looks like your not to lazy. Some nice looking temporary seats.
Our 63 Seafair Sedan came with the original seats with the two pole legs. I did several thing to make then steady but they would always move and when I would take off a little fast Betty's seat would lean back and she would yell slow down. After getting yelled at many times I was told to fix it and now. Looked around and found my spare new 2x3s and started building. Nothing fancy but they do the job. Was able to raise them a little and move my seat over from the controls. The two back seats were already there. I made the little table in the center with the bucket to keep things in. Added to the foot rest a little on both sides. When standing on the deck I'm a little short to get a good view ahead over the bow rail so I stand on a short 4x4 on the deck.
( IT WORKS FOR ME )

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7139.jpg (90.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7130.jpg (94.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7115.jpg (93.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7114.jpg (89.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7111.jpg (94.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7110.jpg (90.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Mate

Oh I'm lazy I haven't touched the poor boat for about a month! I like your design of the back seat with a storage container between the seats I might steel your idea! I know at some point I will redesign the front seat basis but not for a while. I just found out the floor is completely rotten and squishy so I will eventually have to replace it, so at some point there is a major remodel in my future.

I always wondered if the original seats were a little flimsy they didn't look like they had a lot of strength. My basis were copied from another seafair off craigslist near Portland I saw (pic below).

I like where you have your oars, I might copy them too!

TBL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glasspar seats.jpg (97.3 KB, 2 views)