Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 10-25-2015, 01:02 PM
Skipper

Smile Welcome – New GSG Steering Committee Members

First I would like to start off recognizing the past Advisory Board/Regional Coordinator members and send out a BIG THANK YOU to each and every one of you!

Bruce Gerard
Steve Duffy - Posthumously
Jim Barker
Jerry Hoving

These four people over the pass 13 years have contributed many hours making the Golden State Glassics a success. They have been invaluable to the GSG and me starting in 2002 to the start-up of our own website in 2009 and have taken us to the present.

Today we pass the torch and WELCOME the new GSG Steering Committee. I appreciate you all for stepping up and contributing your time for our future success.

Phil Abshier (abbyrocket) – Events Calendar
Jim Barker (awannago2)
George Furtsch - Treasurer
Joel Garrett (mrho455)
Denise Goodwin
Jerry Phillips (oldmariner)
Brad Pinnell – Website Administrator

In closing I would like to say it has been my pleasure serving and being a part of the GSG all these years. Words can not express how I have felt being a part of this and the many friends I have made. Now let’s hope for a great El Nino to fill our neighboring lakes so we can ALL boat again!

Denise

Horace Greeley - American Newspaper Editor (1811-1872)
Old 10-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Skipper

Thank you gentleman for accepting the challenge. Some of you I've met others I'm soon to meet and still others I hope to me as we all share a love of these old boats, boating and generally enjoying life. Thanks again.
Jack
Old 10-27-2015, 05:53 AM
Skipper

Default I'm here...although.......

I have been dedicating an inordinate amount of time to getting us represented and into the the Sacramento Veterans Day downtown parade where GSG and some of our members will be participating, Nov. 11th...
This will be our fourth year and after years of stone-walling, politics and red tape we have finally gotten access to a representative group of service-personnel and veterans alike to ride in the boats..!!
I giant "Thank You" to Gemmel Coloma, Adam Tremereau and Armando Ramos for their patience with me and for their assistance in doing this........
We hope to have pics and description for you all here, as things progress......JB PS (Seriously disappointed I missed the run this weekend.. broken plane in Merced)

Last edited by awannago2; 10-27-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Skipper

Default Vet Parade

Congratulations on getting involved, I'm involved with classic thunderbirds and as a group have been participating in the Fresno Veterans Parade since the 70's. We have always carried a specific group of Vet's beginning with the Submarine Service and now we carry the Blind Vets and have for the past several years. It's really a great experience especially when you have members of the "Greatest Generation" in your vehicle. Wish more car clubs would offer to take Vets in the Parade's.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Skipper

Thank you for volunteering everyone. If you need any assistance with the website, graphics etc, just let me know. I'm happy to do whatever I can to help. I am relatively technical and have done a fair amount of techy stuff for my own websites.

Sincerely,
David
Old 10-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Skipper

Default David....

You might want to contact Brad and see if he can use your talent and knowledge from time to time.........JB........awannago2