Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum > Swap & Sell > Swap & Sell

Old 05-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Swabbie

Default 1966 Century Fibersport 17

After much internal deliberation and soul searching, I've decided to part with my Century. I purchased the boat from a neighbor last year, and while it's a great little boat on the water, the wife wanted something larger, so the Century goes and a new pontoon's coming in.

The '66 was the first year that Century went to fiberglass. This particular boat has only 200 hours on the Ford V8. When I bought it, it just didn't want to idle very well (original carb and old fuel in the tank), and after hours of fiddling with the original Carter carburetor, I decided to make my life easy and bought a brand new Holley marine carb with electric choke. She now runs like a champ. I also pulled the gas tank and had it steamed, dipped, and repainted. While it was out I replaced the completely corroded fuel sending unit with a brand new one, so now all gauges are working. Also installed a check valve at the tank so I normally don't even need to spray any starter fluid into the carb to fire her up. There was no manual switch for the bilge so I installed one beneath the driver's legs out of sight, so as not to cut into the original dash.

This boat has the optional sliding bimini. VERY COOL feature. We get lots of attention at the ramp as you can imagine. Original interior is in incredibly good shape for its age, as is the wood paneling on the tops of the gunwales, though it could use a good sanding and refinishing. This boat has been well cared for by all of its owners.

Trailer is an original dual axle and I installed a brand new winch, bow stop, and safety chains. I'll be inspecting the bearings in the next week or two and possibly replacing axles based on my assessment of the spindles. Bunks could use replacement.

We've been using the boat for cruising and skiing at our local California foothills lakes. I'll be sad to see her go, but she needs a new home as I have neither the time nor the space for two boats.

I paid $8,500 a year ago and have another $1,000 into her with the carb, refurbished fuel tank, and trailer upgrades (not including axles so price may go up if those get replaced). I'll get some additional photos up of the interior soon. The final photo is NOT my boat, but is what I had planned for her since they still manufacture all of the interior bits for these boats. They're actually sewn by the same two ladies who did the original interiors for these boats when they were new! Here's a link to a short video of her on the water a couple weeks ago: https://youtu.be/YPw9XwOSRb4

Asking $8,500 so you're getting all of the upgrades (including more than 20 hours of my labor to get the tank out and reinstalled) at no cost.

[attachment=5]image4.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=4]image3.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=3]image2.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=2]rear.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]engine.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMG_1206.PNG[/attachment]
Attached Thumbnails
image4.jpg   image3.jpg   image2.jpg   image1.jpg   front.jpg  

rear.jpg   leftrear.jpg   engine.jpg   IMG_1206.jpg  

Last edited by ranchracer; 08-06-2017 at 11:49 PM.