Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 12-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Default Welcome New Users! Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to the friendliest, most active classic fiberglass boat club this side of the California State Line.

We would like to thank you for joining the Golden State Glassics!

We are a member-sustained club guided by a small advisory committee and operate this website along with several events throughout the year.

As a member-sustained club, free of advertising and sponsors, we hope that you can make a small yearly donation of $25 (see donation thread for more information) to help sustain our community of old glass boats.

Please post a little bit about yourself below. We look forward to getting to know you and your boat(s)!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Skipper

Default Correction

$24 :d

1/2 1980 Glastron Carlson Scimitar

Joel and Judy, Clovis, CA.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Swabbie

Default New Member

Ahoy - New novice member here, starting from scratch with my project 1960 Dorsett Catalina. Directed to GSG by Brett Bartlett (thank you very much) knowing there are others that share my passion for Dorsett, and other glassic craft. My new find has healthy hull with solid spars and stringers, newly installed transom and outboard done by pros, and many/most original parts and pieces, albeit tired and well worn. Gel coat needs total reconstitution or new paint after proper prep.

I am hoping GSG members can guide me to sources, advise, products, procedures, as I tackle this beauty with hopes of keeping it as ‘faithful’ to original as possible. I am excited to find the boat and more excited to find a group that is passionate about seeing these historical gems restored and kept in the bright sun, where they belong.

I look forward to a fruitful exchange, and hopefully meeting some of you in the process. Cheers . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassic View Post
Welcome to the friendliest, most active classic fiberglass boat club this side of the California State Line.

We would like to thank you for joining the Golden State Glassics!

We are a member-sustained club guided by a small advisory committee and operate this website along with several events throughout the year.

As a member-sustained club, free of advertising and sponsors, we hope that you can make a small yearly donation of $25 (see donation thread for more information) to help sustain our community of old glass boats.

Please post a little bit about yourself below. We look forward to getting to know you and your boat(s)!
Old 03-18-2016, 12:31 PM
Swabbie

Cool New to Glassic boats and the forum

Hi there. I was given my first glassic boat last week.
Through researching I believe it's a 14' 1960 Corsair of Texas boat with the original Flying Scott 60 motor.

I can't find a single picture of any boat by Corsair other than the small black and white print ad posted on fiberglassics.

If anybody has any pictures or knows more about this builder than the tiny bit I've found I'd love to hear from you.

I posted several pics in my album of the boat. Looking forward to the project.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Welcome friends! Look forward to seeing pictures and posts about the restorations.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherweck View Post
Hi there. I was given my first glassic boat last week.
Through researching I believe it's a 14' 1960 Corsair of Texas boat with the original Flying Scott 60 motor.

I can't find a single picture of any boat by Corsair other than the small black and white print ad posted on fiberglassics.

If anybody has any pictures or knows more about this builder than the tiny bit I've found I'd love to hear from you.

I posted several pics in my album of the boat. Looking forward to the project.
Saw your pictures and the boat looks GOOD! Does it RUN? A friend of mine had a CORSAIR back in the early 80's but his was a different model....more of a low profile, "SK" type hull with a flatbottom and no windshield. His boat was a looker sitting on the beach, but a structural deathtrap, and the previous owner had actually screwed 2X4's to the OUTSIDE of the bottom, which as you can imagine, completely sapped the performance badly, like dragging 2 anchors around all day! HA!
Old 04-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Skipper

Welcome aboard, I just wanted you all to know we have a Facebook page as well. We have mechanics, fiberglass, and more that will give you quick feedback.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSGBoats/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Mate

Smile

Hi everyone, I'm a new member here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex, I have 2 classic fiberglass boats and live in Los Angeles. I look forward to meeting you guys and attending your fun gatherings! Especially Shasta!

I'm also a member of the SoCal ACBS. It would be awesome to see more fiberglassics at the ACBS boat shows!

1961 Glastron Fireflite; 1962 Mercury Phantom 1000 (100hp)

1977 Correct Craft Ski Tique; PCM Ford 351w (250hp)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160514_165124553.jpg   IMG_4317.jpg  
Old 06-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Skipper

Great looking boat Alex.. Thanks for joining us.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Skipper

Default Welcome

maybe join us in August for a saltwater Long beach run

1/2 1980 Glastron Carlson Scimitar

Joel and Judy, Clovis, CA.