Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 05-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Skipper

Unhappy Burgee Designing

Jack 230 views on this and the response is anything but good. Great Idea but it's a no go.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:07 PM
Skipper

So what are your thoughts? Give up on the contest or give up on the burgee idea all together? We have a few to select from and I can't see any reason that we don't put them on a ballot and select from what we have. I think most of the reason we have so few ideas is that most of older folks are not computer literate enough to create something. That is not to say that we don't want a burgee we just don't have the skills to offer a suggestion.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Skipper

my thoughts are I like the idea of a Bergee but the lack of response with 230 views without even an opinion is frankly frustrating. There were two positive responses from the steering committee on the subject so with me there's a majority to move forward. We can put the vote up but I have not seen any responses about the choices from a significant number of viewers. You and Bradley are the only ones that Have made any comments about the current designs maybe everyone is waiting for the 1st to make their choice, or any comment, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Skipper

I agree George. I was the one that initiated the idea and clearly it's a flop. I thought the club members would want a unified burgee, but obviously the silence is deafening.

And Jack- While everyone is not computer literate to create a burgee, to George's point, people are online, they just aren't even giving an opinion.

Thanks for trying George.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:16 AM
Skipper

My choice would be Dave's last posted offer on 5/21/16.

Dark Blue Background.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Skipper

Nobody asked my opinion, but I'd like to say something.

I personally know from making shirts for previous gatherings that getting people to agree on things like this just about impossible.

So if you don't get the answers you seek, why not just contact someone like the Flag Chick on Ebay, and have your own Burgees made up - just the way you want them? Just order as many as people will pre-pay for. It took me 5 years to sell off the remaining unpaid-for 2006 Whiskeytown shirts.

Last edited by Motorhead; 06-01-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Skipper

I thought we were talking about a club Burgee not an event shirt. IMHO there is a significant difference. Like Bruce I have put forth shirts for events and been stuck for a significant period with excess inventory that I paid for. In this case we are doing something as a group for the group and I anticipate preorder commitments.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Skipper

I used the shirt deal for an example of what can happen when people say "YES" to things like this, but then flaking out when it's time to pony up cash. As you have experienced, it happens. The point I was trying to make is this - despite the apparent lack of interest by others, anyone that wants a burgee can still just have something custom made. Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

Last edited by Motorhead; 06-02-2016 at 06:51 AM.