Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Skipper

Default Cruise to Sacramento Yacht Club

After talking a while on the dock, we set off to the Sacramento yacht club just after 11 am, chilly but dry and made the short cruise with hardly anyone on the water. I can see Jerry and Lucia cruising along with us driving on the river road.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8323.jpg   IMG_8327.jpg   IMG_8331.jpg   IMG_8333.jpg   IMG_8334.jpg  

Old 01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Skipper

Default Luncheon at Sacramento Yacht Club

Only 5 miles, it didn't take us long to get to the SYC. Meeting us at the yacht club were Dan Walters, Jerry and Lucia, our friend Lilly, and cousin Gemmel. What a warm welcome, not only from Dan, but from the entire group at the SYC. Super nice people wanting to check out our old boats at the dock afterwards. They just looked after us. The food was a delicious buffet with offerings included fresh fruit, bagels and lox, eggs, ham, breakfast potatoes, and an array of drinks. Open bar all on Dan Walter's dime. What a wonderful host. After lunch, Dan hung out with us on the SYC dock for a while. One of things I enjoy are the conversations we have while just hanging out. We didn't leave Dan and the SYC until just after 2:30
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8335.jpg   IMG_8338.jpg   IMG_8344.jpg   IMG_8348.jpg   IMG_8365.jpg  

IMG_8368.jpg   IMG_8369.jpg   IMG_8376.jpg   IMG_8377.jpg  

Last edited by Eduardo; 01-05-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Skipper

Default Cruising on the Sacramento

As soon as we left the SYC, we decided to spend more time on the water. The sun was out and we headed north on the Sacramento. Returned to the park after an extra hour of cruising and by 4:30, we said our goodbyes.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8380.jpg   IMG_8384.jpg   IMG_8388.jpg   IMG_8398.jpg   IMG_8403.jpg  

IMG_8406.jpg   IMG_8407.jpg  
Old 01-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Skipper

Default I'd like to thank...

...Adam, Andrew, and Kent for coming out with their boats and to the parties that joined us for the day, Jerry and Lucia, traveling from San Jose, cousin Gemmel, and our friend Lilly. We especially want to give thanks to Dan Walters for hosting us at the SYC. This annual New Years tradition continues because of Dan. So thank you Dan very much for your hospitality. Much appreciated. And as always, Mercedes and I enjoyed our time being out with all of you.

Happy New Year's to the entire GSG community from our family to yours.

Eduardo and Mercedes

Picture from left to right: Gemmel, Kent Grigg, Lydia, Eduardo, Jerry Foster, Mercedes, Lucia White, Lilly, young Luke, Andrew, Adam Lucas Tremoureux, and hour wonderful host Dan Walters.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8339.jpg  
Old 01-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Skipper

Thanks for the posting Eduardo, looks like youal had a great time. Love the Citation, my favorite of all the medium size Glaspars, even more than my Avalon.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Mate

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Skipper

Default New Years Lunch Run

Betty and I always look forward to seeing the pictures from the NYD lunch run. As always fantastic pictures Eduardo. Sad that Jim couldn't make it and nice of you to make it happen. Looks like the unsettled weather turned out pretty nice for the day. And a special thanks to Dan for putting it on. We were able to meet and talk to Dan two years ago on a April ice cream run from Hogback.
Hope to be there for the Spring Delta run this year.
Our New Years was spent in Big Bear and we had a little sun too. We had 12 inches of snow.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Attached Thumbnails
100_8681.jpg  
Old 01-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Skipper

Default Happy New Year Jack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 again View Post
Thanks for the posting Eduardo, looks like youal had a great time. Love the Citation, my favorite of all the medium size Glaspars, even more than my Avalon.
Not sure if you know this but Adam, '67 Glastron owner, is the sole owner of A&C marine. He redid the transom, floor, and stringers on Andrew's Cloud 9. Adam does really good quality work. That boat should last many more decades, and she is always stored in the garage. I've always thought that the feature of the fold away seats is one of the best ideas on the Citation. I jumped in Cloud 9 and every time I see his boat, I fold out the back facing seat, sitting down while we hang out at the dock. Put the seat away when you don't need it...way cool.

I like the Citations too Jack.

Eduardo
Old 01-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Skipper

Default Happy New Year Terry & Betty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotwater View Post
Betty and I always look forward to seeing the pictures from the NYD lunch run. As always fantastic pictures Eduardo. Sad that Jim couldn't make it and nice of you to make it happen. Looks like the unsettled weather turned out pretty nice for the day. And a special thanks to Dan for putting it on. We were able to meet and talk to Dan two years ago on a April ice cream run from Hogback.
Hope to be there for the Spring Delta run this year.
Our New Years was spent in Big Bear and we had a little sun too. We had 12 inches of snow.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Thanks Terry. Glad to have done this for the community. It's just fun being around our GSG friends. Jim will be back; it's BDLR season right? Glad you have met our friend, the nationally re-known Dan Walters. Nice gentleman. We hope to see the Rollers soon in 2017.

Here's to more snow and rain for the rest of the winter, Terry.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Skipper

Nice write up Eduardo. Thanks for the photos too. Glad that everyone had a safe trip. No breakdowns? Also, your choice of launching closer to the SYC makes a lot of sense. When the river is high, it can take a lot of fuel to get back, with that current pushing downstream.