Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 02-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Skipper

I'm with you Dave. The only thing you can't do is go to Tahoe and frankly with all of their restrictions and fee's not to mention rough conditions on the main body of water not sure why you'd want to go. Just me.
Come join us in May at the Bass Lake ACBS boat show. Will have a couple of old glass boats as well.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Skipper

Default Jrf

Great, we will be looking forward to seeing you two again.

Jerry, by the way on my post under swap and sell San Diego you hit it right on the nose. 1948 Chris Craft Cruiser

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Old 02-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Skipper

Terry and Betty, We will enjoy seeing you guys again too at Shasta. Are you bringing your Avalon? I have some questions relative to my '56 Avalon project.

About that vintage cruiser... those postwar Chris Craft boats were some of the nicest looking yachts ever made IMHO.

JRF (Jerry)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Skipper

Default jrf

Yes we will be bringing our Avalon to Shasta. We are so use to cruising around in our Avalon and almost being able to touch the water. One of these days Betty and I need to RING UP some long runs on our Seafair Sedan, most of our cruises on the Seafair Sedan have been under 10 miles.
I need to take a real close look at the beautiful handy work you did on your Seafair. On the Delta ice cream run last year and all of the classic boats we never took a good look at any of them, to busy meeting and talking to everyone.

What questions do your have about your Avalon, or do you need pictures.
We love to take and share pictures.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 02-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Skipper

Mine is the same year as Terry's but a different model, if his doesn't answer your questions maybe mine will. Just holler if you need pic's or anything.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:07 PM
Skipper

Hey Terry there is always Catalina.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 PM
Skipper

Default Holiday Harbor

Betty and I enjoy eating at the restaurant and looking out over the harbor. The most fun is watching the people walking out on the dock and stopping to look at a 1962 Glasspar Avalon and by passing $80,000 - $100,000 boats.
That's a good feeling.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Attached Thumbnails
100_8146.jpg   100_8141.jpg   100_8142.jpg  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Skipper

Default 16 again

We will need to talk to Michael B. I don't think you would want to follow me over to Catalina using my 50 year old compass.
Dam, just thinking I'm over 50.

Oh, yes I did pretty good on the Long Beach / Los Angeles Harbor Cruise, but I have only been doing that cruise for 54 years.

Jack, being you have been known to hang out on another site, there is someone asking about running classic runabouts on the salt. Why don't you let them know about GSG and the fun we have on salt. Maybe Joel might want to chime in.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Skipper

Jack, I did not realize your Avalon was the same year as the T&B boat. I think it must be your back to back seats which make it seem more modern than the Gotwater Avalon with two forward facing seats. Anyway, I am now working on a plan to finish out the interior of my '56 Avalon (it had none when I got it). I have a lot of decisions I need to make at some point and I thought how helpful it would be to talk to someone with Avalon experience. Might save me a lot of time in working it all out. All info is good so I should talk to you as well.

I also have some operational questions for T&B, like how the bait tank affects weight and balance and how having an engine with power trim vs no PT affects planing attitude.

JRF (Jerry)

P.S. We could continue the Q&A over on my thread "Early Glasspar Avalon Resto" ... http://goldenstateglassics.com/showt...5734#post35734

Last edited by JRF; 03-01-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Swabbie

Default Count us in

Just booked site 31 for my family. Chyanne, myself and the kids will be there and hopefully we will get Paul and Chris to come along with the Mango Madness.

It's our first time camping here so any tips would be appreciated as to packing gear, launching, etc.