Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 03-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Skipper

Default 2017 Day on the Delta

This will be the 5th year of the Day on the Delta Family Picnic, gathering of family, friends, and boating. For those who are not familiar, the Day on the Delta is more of an all-day gathering where you are free to do what you want. This year is scheduled for Saturday, April 8th at Hogback Island Park in Walnut Grove, CA. I would have chosen the Saturday after, but that is Easter weekend. What a great way to kick off the boating season with this year’s gathering. Mercedes and I will be there very early to reserve a spot and setup the picnic area. The only organized activity is the 31 mile cruise around Grand Island stopping by Walnut Grove for the famous Sacramento Gunther’s Ice Cream at Mel’s Mocha. It's up to you whether you want to join in on the cruise. We will have a family style picnic and potluck for lunch, so bring your favorite picnic dishes and drinks. We will start preparation around 11 am. Lunch will be around 11:30 to 12:00, and by 1 pm, we will start launching the boats for a 1:30 pm, 2 to 3 hour cruise, around the island. Upon our return back to Hogback Island, hang out and chill at the picnic site, go back out on the water if you’d like, or play games with the children and adults alike.

This is a casual gathering so come and go as you please. Think about it; it's 5 weeks away, so plenty of time. Get your old/new boats ready, and let's all get together on April 8th. We’d love to have you join in.

Information on launching. Hogback boat launch has only one dock, able to launch on both sides, so not a lot of space to tie up our old/new boats. We will launch when we are ready to cruise out on the water, so not to take up space at the dock. Last year there were 14 boats in our group. Mercedes and I will have a big reveal on this day; hopefully, she will be ready in time.

More to come…

Eduardo and Mercedes

Last edited by Eduardo; 03-03-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Skipper

Dana has requested the weekend off. I hope we can bring the HydroSwift down for this one.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Skipper

Default Awesome Bruce...

...that you and Dana will be attending. That's great news. We all look forward to seeing you there. If it's like any of the past DOTD gatherings, it's going to be a fun day all around.

As far a fuel on your early 60s Mercury 700 and Hydroswift, Ask Jerry Phillips how much fuel he used last year with his Mercury 900 on his Glasspar Avalon. Maybe Jerry will chime in here. His Mercury is a few years younger but may give you a better idea on how much fuel you'll need. Reminder: 31 miles around Grand Island.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Old 03-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Skipper

Default Day on the Delta Family Picnic

Terry and Betty GOTWATER

We attended our first Day on the Delta three years ago. We enjoyed meeting all the people, the potluck, and the cruise around Grand Island. Stopping for ice cream and the run back to Hogback. At the end of the day Eduardo asked me what are you going to do on Sunday. My answer was to cruise down the river until we find saltwater or head up the river to Old Town Sacramento. There were two boats from the OLDBOATSRULE group that hang out in saltwater in Long Beach and San Diego. Eduardo made it real clear that he didn't want us cruising on the Delta because it is to easy to get lost and I even had a Delta map.
With a smile on his face he said meet Mercedes and I here at Hogback Sunday 9 AM with tanks topped off and be ready for 80 miles. Sunday morning was beautiful and off we went having lunch in Old Town Sacramento, Fanny Ann's Saloon. A nice cruise back down the river late in the day.
To Betty and I and our other boating friends this was a fantastic cruise, scenery, Old Town, delicious food and the company of Mercedes and Eduardo.

Last year we were able to head up and make the Day on the Delta at the last minute. Another great day, old friends, new faces, potluck and the ice cream run. On Sunday Betty and I drove up to Old Town and visited the beautiful California Rail Museum and yes we did stop on our way back to Lodi for ice cream.

So I asked Eduardo about the up coming Day on the Delta if he would be willing to make the Old Town Sacramento run on that Sunday. Keep in mind it is 1200 miles round trip for us from San Diego. He said sure. So is any one else ready for the Old Town Sacramento Cruise on Sunday? Hope to see everyone and maybe meet some new friends. Eduardo and Mercedes can't wait to see you two.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Old 03-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Skipper

Default Again...

...OldBoatsRule will be representing. Never seem to surprise me about the adventures of the Rollers. We admire and appreciate all members who travel distances to attend the gatherings we host, but to get a confirmation from Terry and Betty to join us for this year’s Day on the Delta, is again extraordinary as was their prior years. And because they are coming up from so far away and possibly another SoCal member as well hopefully, at least we can do is to host OldBoatsRule members for a second day of cruising on the Delta and make their trip north more worthwhile than just one day.

I talked to Terry and Betty the other day and I wanted to bring it up to them first. Since they have cruised to Old Town Sacramento already, I brought up the idea of maybe doing a different cruise instead. I thought we can show them a little bit more of our beautiful Delta for this year’s 2nd Day on the Delta, and they were on board with the idea. I will post more in detail of the cruise. I’m thinking of doing the same cruise as we did on the 2010 Fall Glassic Cruise, about a 60 mile (give or take a few miles) double loop figure 8 cruise around three islands, Grand, Tyler, and Staten Island. I will post details later. Anyone is welcome to join in on the 2nd day. We’d love to have you. Let’s show OldBoatsRule how the Central Valley and Bay area members roll when we get together on the water. So fun.

Thanks Terry and Betty for deciding to join us for the Day on the Delta this year. We look forward to seeing both of you again.

Eduardo and Mercedes
Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Skipper

Glad to hear that the Rollers will be rolling in we look forward to seeing them as well as all the other GSG folks.
Since we are making the trip I thought I would bring along some 50's-60's & 70's water ski's if anyone has an interest. I have a pair of doubles in displayable/skiable condition. A pair of trix ski's not Trick Ski's and several Maharaja like singles and a couple of others.
If anyone has interest I will be happy to bring them, if none I will dispose of them.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Skipper

Default Jack...

will you demonstrate them for us????

1/2 1980 Glastron Carlson Scimitar

Joel and Judy, Clovis, CA.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Skipper

I don't drink enough anymore to make that happen.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:10 PM
Skipper

Default Give a way

Bringing these to DOTD for anyone who may be interested. Not you Joel we know that all you do is boat, no fishing, no skiing, no nude bathing, none of the fun stuff, just boating. Anything left will be for the homeless who may want to take up skiing.

Anyone wishing to reserve one or more email me at jackf@acespack.com

Third ski from the left is no longer available.

See ya'll on the 8th.
Attached Thumbnails
2017-03-29 11.43.58.jpg  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 again View Post
Bringing these to DOTD for anyone who may be interested. Not you Joel we know that all you do is boat, no fishing, no skiing, no nude bathing, none of the fun stuff, just boating. Anything left will be for the homeless who may want to take up skiing.

Anyone wishing to reserve one or more email me at jackf@acespack.com

Third ski from the left is no longer available.

See ya'll on the 8th.
Thanks Jack for the offer. Appreciate it.