Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 09-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Skipper

Default Two KODAK momemts

Today Betty and I had two Kodak moments, but no camera. Can you believe that, and we're the ones that post a lot of pictures.

Leaving the bank next to Walmart and watching out for homeless people walking across the street every where Betty said did you see that boat? I said what boat and she said that boat going up the road. I said look I'm driving and she said turn left here go back up in to the parking lot so I did and I could see a big boat 3 cars ahead of us. As we follow it they turn down to the far end of the parking lot. Yes we did stop and talk to the wife of the owner / driver. She told us that the boat was a lot of fun, and about 3 years old and runs in the 170 MPH. She said all she does is make sandwiches for the guys. The boat, trailer and truck van was beautiful and spotless from Lake Havasu. GP 10 The CHARGER Jimmy Shane sponsor Homestreet Bank
NO CAMERA

Ok, a little after 7 pm we went out for pizza and I was setting in the truck with the dog in a dark parking lot in the mirror I saw what looked like a woman undressing only after a closer look she was folding towels. Betty comes walking out with the pizza and the first thing she says is did you see the old boat behind you. Being dark I put on my backup lights and WOW and OLD BOAT.
We talked to the lady and when her husband came out he said he had been working on it for 3 years and a complete restore and almost sunk it today first time out. 1967 Ski Natique with a 289 in it. He is getting the windshield tomorrow. And will be a spotter boat on Saturday and Sunday for the Thunder Boats in Mission Bay. I told them that we would try and cruise by sometime on the weekend. NO CAMERA

Thunder Boats / Unlimited Hydro's capable of running 200 MPH with
J-47 Jet engines
3 pictures from last couple years

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Attached Thumbnails
100_5648.jpg   100_5652.jpg   100_7105.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 AM
Skipper

Sounds like you had a great day, thank God Betty has her eyes open or you wouldn't have a story to tell. I'm surprised she is still riding with you.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Skipper

Default BETTY did it again

Around 11 we ended up down at Mission Bay to take a look at the
Thunder / Unlimited Hydro's. After driving around and through Campland we had to check out Dana Landing where we use to launch. The parking lot was fuller than we had ever seen it. And a steady flow launching and retrieving with 6 boats in line to retrieve. After 30 minutes we were leaving the parking lot and Betty said look over there a Ski Nautique. So as normal we follow it knowing it was headed to our favorite ramp South Shores about a mile away. This ramp is nice and big with plenty of parking and two long docks and very little use. So as we follow this boat into the parking lot to the ramp area Betty spots a Glasspar Seafair backing into the water. So we jumped out and hoofed it over there to get an eye full. They were having trouble getting the boat from the trailer to the dock without starting it. So I ran down to help the lady grab the boat and tie it to the dock which she had never done. After tying off the bow line I looked for the stern line which was on the opposite side. Once secured and her husband thanking us we started talking about the boat. Not sure Seafair Sportsman or Sunliner 1966 with a 120 hp inboard / outboard and two saddle tanks. Over all pretty good shape. Found out that Betty and the lady grew up in the same town and lived on the same street but not at the same time. Then the husband said he grew up in Norwalk also and lived not far from where we lived. Plus he has a friend in Running Springs and we have a place in Big Bear City. Not often you come across a couple that came from the same area and now live in the same area.
We gave them the pitch about GSG and our cell and e mail and pretty sure we will here from them.

NO CAMERA

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 09-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Skipper

Terry, just to help you out in the future ... The main way to tell the difference between a Sunliner and a Sportsman is the windshield. The Sportsman has short side windows and seems a bit taller.

-JRF (Jerry)
Attached Thumbnails
Sportsman.jpg   Sunliner.jpg  
Old 09-15-2017, 10:48 PM
Skipper

Default Jrf

Thanks, he had asked me what model it was and I said there were two different ones a Sportsman and a Sunliner and I said I think this is a Sunliner. So I got it right, but thanks again. I hope they get on the site and see your beautiful Sunliner. I told him that we have a 1962 Avalon and a 1963 Seafair Sedan. They have owned the boat for 12 years but never got around to working on it. He said he ordered the fold down seats.

I almost need a bumper sticker This Truck STOPS and looks at all BOATS

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 09-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Skipper

Default Jrf

Now that I think about it, one of our boating friends down here has a real nice Glasspar Sportman and is on GSG often. Mike and Jamie do a lot of fishing off of San Diego and Catalina on their Sportsman. I know they won't mind me putting a couple pictures up of their boat. Oh by the way a few years ago Jamie caught a 130 lb Marlin.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Attached Thumbnails
babyblue.jpg   DSC03181.jpg   DSC03185.jpg   Micheal B in Glasspar Sunliner.jpg  
Old 09-18-2017, 10:17 AM
Skipper

Default Good story Terry...

...enjoy reading about meeting new old boat owners and how it became. Hopefully this is a beginning of a new friendship and more old boat memories with fellow Glasspar owners close to your area. It's a small world indeed.

Eduardo & Mercedes
Old 09-18-2017, 11:32 PM
Skipper

Default Eduardo

It was really something to see two older Ski Nautiques / Correct Craft being used in SALTWATER. Over the years we have only seen a few running at Ski Beach, we do see some running the two lakes by us. About 15 years ago at one of the SeaWorld stadiums that is on Mission Bay they had a boat show with two Ski Nautiques. They would race around at 30 MPH about two feet apart and pull skiers doing tricks. I mentioned it to Alex and he had seen a video of the show.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 09-19-2017, 12:39 AM
Skipper

Hi Terry,
We haven't been out much this year. The offshore weather hasn't been very nice for us. Day after day of 10-15kts with gust to 20 and seas 6-8 secs apart.That makes for a very long day in a Glasspar. Yellofinfin Tuna fishing has been excellent the last couple of weeks but a little far. We hope move up to the nine and we get a shot at them. Marlin fishing has been terrible so far. Made one solo trip to the Coronado's and caught limits of Yellowtail and a few Bonito thrown in. Made one trip to LA Jolla and had fun with the bass. The hour meter just turned 1000 hrs since we restored it and it's running awesome. If we get a good weather window we would like to get over to Catalina. Hope all is well with you and Betty.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:53 AM
Skipper

Here's our 211lb Blue Marlin from 2 or 3 yrs ago.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0896.JPG