Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 09-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Skipper

Default Autumn salt

Mission Bay, launched at 10 and returned at 1:30. Beautiful day 80's no wind and smooth seas. Cruised a little over 20 miles enjoying the sites with a few other boats out on the water. Passed one Glasspar. About a mile outside we cruised around the Coast Guard boat Petrel WPB 87350.
Marine Protector - Class Patrol Boat 87 feet long, crew of 10, 74 ships were built and named after marine predators. Missions include combating drug smuggling, illegal immigration, marine fisheries enforcement and search and rescue. After 9/11 they have Homeland Security mission in the form of ports, waterways and coastal security (PWCS) patrols. As you can see it's a SHARP looking ship.
No matter how many times we cruise around in Mission Bay or San Diego Bay we see different sites.

TERRY and BETTY Saylor was on board too. GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Life is to short to own a slow boat
Attached Thumbnails
100_9605.jpg   100_9606.jpg   100_9607.jpg   100_9608.jpg   100_9634.jpg  

100_9620.jpg   100_9617.jpg   100_9619.jpg   100_9618.jpg   100_9623.jpg  

Old 09-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Skipper

Default Autumn Salt more pictures

Live life like a Captain and play like a Pirate.

TERRY BETTY SAYLOR
Attached Thumbnails
100_9626.jpg   100_9630.jpg   100_9615.jpg   100_9612.jpg   100_9611.jpg  

100_9610.jpg  
Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Skipper

Nice photos thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2017, 08:16 AM
Skipper

Hey Guys, it is great to see your Seafair out and about. Love those boat colors.

Thanks for the heads up on the USCG Protector class boats. Researching those boats I see they are a big improvement over the older Point class cutters. The first thing I noticed was that their RHIB small boat is carried in an aft well with a ramp. It can be launched and recovered in up to sea state five! And it has a diesel powered water pump drive so they have the same fuel as the protector. Cool. In case anyone is interested in what drives the protector ... twin MTU diesels 1500 hp each for 25 knot cruise.

JRF (Jerry)
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Skipper

Great pic's guys. I think that's the first time I've seen pic's of your Seafair Sedan. It's a beauty and deserves to be floated for all to see more often.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Skipper

Default jrf

Yes that was a good read on the Protector -Class Boats. In 1986 I was working / being trained in Seattle for a few weeks and took a ride up to Port Townsend, Washington. Way up there, walking through the town I saw a Coast Guard boat at the dock, Point Bennett I guess this was a Point-Class boat. Taking a closer look up on the super structure was a big emblem of a Marijuana Leaf with the number of drug bust they had done in that area. After spending some time looking from the dock I was invited to come aboard for a short tour. It was only a few years old and really sharp.
About 10 years ago Betty and I were cruising Mission Bay and there was a cutter in as far as it could go, had to stop at the bridge. We watched it for a couple hours waiting for it to turn around but we had to leave. The last 8 years they had trouble with a sand bar building up each winter right at the entrance and they finely have it corrected.

After seeing all of the Marine Predators, I don't think we will be going out in the saltwater any more.
N O T

TERRY BETTY SAYLOR GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 09-25-2017, 11:02 PM
Skipper

Default Jack

Have you talked to anyone about your memory problem. I have posted many pictures of our Glasspar Seafair Sedan over the years.
I even have a personal fan club, each time I post pictures I get a e-mail that I post to many pictures.

TERRY GOTWATER
Old 09-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Mate

Very cool! I'm always jelous of you socal boaters being able to get out on the water so often and all year long!

Keep having fun!

TBL
Old 09-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Skipper

Default Tbl

We do enjoy boating all year long. And it is real different in the winter months with very few boats out. But we miss some of the beautiful lush green areas that you have in Oregon. Each year at Shasta the first day we drive up to Dunsmuir / Mc Cloud and then through Castle Crags state park viewing the lush green areas.
Betty and I hope to see you next year on the Delta or at Shasta.
How are you doing with your Seafair Sedan? Are you up and running good?

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT

Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Skipper

Default Jrf

Sunday when we got home I started washing the Seafair and I always raise the antenna and turn on the vhf to the NOAA Weather Station. On Sunday I turned to Coast Guard Channel 16. The way the crow fly we are 25 miles inland around 400 feet elevation. Sunday after 4 pm turned out to be a busy day on the radio. Betty was taking it easy reading a book (Clive Cussler's Piranha), but we both had our ears open. We can hear the Coast Guard calling out but not the incoming calls. Hobie Cat on the rocks Mission Bay, couple big sail boats no power San Diego Bay. And the Coast Guard warning all boaters to stay over 500 yards away from departing US warships. And pay attention to any directions they give you.
And they were saying about the same for departing cruise ships.
Normally we will hear one or two Coast Guard calls about a boat having trouble in either bay but on Sunday there must have been over 30 calls out from the Coast Guard.

Seafair Colors -- At first thought this orange has to go. After a couple days the orange really started to grow on us. And over the years you wouldn't believe the compliments we have received. Most say they would of never thought about painting the inside orange.

TERRY and BETTY GOTWATER

NO FACEBOOK HERE

NO TRAILER QUEENS HERE

SALT DON'T HURT