Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum > Swap & Sell > Swap & Sell

Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Swabbie

Unhappy Glasspar Delmar and Sedan for sale - 2K

Here is a deal for one of you Glasspar collectors out there.... A 2 for 1 Glasspar sale! Due to the economy, closing my business and forced to liquidate, I am selling my boats, etc. in a package deal. Early 60's Seafair Sedan, gutted and ready to restore. It has a Merc 4 cyl I/O. With this boat and trailer you get everything that came off and some extra parts I procured elsewhere. It just in pieces and needs to find the right home. The Delmar is a '62(I think), is missing the upper windshield(often the case with these boats) but is complete and was running and at Whiskeytown a few years ago. It has been sitting for two years now and looks terrible as it has been sitting outside. Last time I tried to fire it up I got nothing from the key switch, no click, etc. Probably a connector problem from sitting. It is fitted with a period Merc 950 outboard. The floor is a bit soft, but still usable and the transom is in pretty good shape, too. I did some epoxy work on it before mounting the Merc. Both boats are on very good trailers and both boats and trailers have current regs. I will throw in a couple of old outboards and parts I have here, too. Email me at ncssc@aol.com for more details. Must sell by end of November, but firm on the price.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Skipper

Bummer about the economy. 2k? for 2 boats that need resto. Have you looked around to see what others are selling thiers for in the same condition? Do you have any pics? I wish you well, Mike
Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Skipper

Gonna be really really hard to get that for boats in need of a resto. I got my 1960 seafair (in need of a resto) for 50 bucks....with a trailer.
1980 Ski Supreme powered by a Ford 351 Windsor
Decommissioned:
1964 Glasspar Avalon
1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan
Old 10-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott&Emily View Post
Gonna be really really hard to get that for boats in need of a resto. I got my 1960 seafair (in need of a resto) for 50 bucks....with a trailer.
As you know I got mine last month for $425, very good trailer & '79/85hp Rude, starts and runs great. Needs floor and a few things in the open deck area. B
Attached Thumbnails
Seafair #3 daylight 015.jpg  

Last edited by g3bill; 10-17-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Swabbie

Thanks, All. I'm not being too clear. The Delmar is in on piece and with a bit of spit & polish and tracking down the minor electrical problem would be a good boat to get to the 'meets' while restoring you other 'projects'. I'll post pictures as soon as possible. The Delmar has everything needed to go. Included with the Delmar/Merc 950 are (2) 6gal poly tanks, a new battery, and other misc stuff normally found in any boat. As I said, this boat was running a couple of years ago at Whiskeytown, but has pretty much sat since. The motor was drained of fuel, so that's not an issue. It ran great then. It sits on what I believe to be the original l'il dude trailer.
The sedan is esentially complete, just in pieces. I had purchased a fresh-water merc outdrive in very good condition to replace the original that was trashed in saltwater, so along with the clean outdrive, there are many parts from the old one, too. I even have an original merc srevice manual for it.
Also included are at least three outboards. An evinrude lighttwin, a Gale 25-30hp(Approx HP I think) complete motor, not siezed, a Goodyear Sea Bee (complete) and a 1936 Johnson j-75 outboard. I'm trying to do it all in one fell swoop....Thanks for looking, I'll post what pictures I can as soon as possible.