Golden State Glassics

Go Back   Golden State Glassics > Main Category > Main Forum > Swap & Sell > Listings on the Web

Old 10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Skipper

Default 1958 Dorsett El Rey- Project Boat - $100 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)

1958 Dorsett El Rey w/ trailer

Have some time to restore a classic vintage boat??? I dont!

I picked up this Dorsett El Rey cabin cruiser from a neighbor thinking i would paint it, rehab the wooden interior, repair/replace the engine and head out sturgeon fishing...but I dont have the time with my heavy work load and am willing to admit defeat for now. The fiberglass body is in good shape inside and out and probable needs only minor work. The interior wooden sections need some tlc...replacing in most areas and the motor will probably need to be junked. It has corrosion issues, could possibly be repaired, but i doubt it. Trailer is in great working order and worth far more than the asking price alone
Take a look at the pics...I think this is a great project and could be a really fun boat to restore...if you have free time. which i dont.

Comes with two gas tanks, life jackets and recently registered. Looking to clear it out of my driveway asap. If no takers in the next day or two I will be donating it for a tax credit.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2023382862.html

Old 10-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Skipper

1958 Monterey (became Catalina in 1959)....El Ray wasn't a cabin boat. Looks like the seller snagged a scan from Fiberglassics and got confused....pictures of Monterey and El Ray are beside the description in the brochure not above or below. The way the scans were done it would be easy to make that mistake.

Rod Burkholder
Greenville, CA
Old 10-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Skipper

Default dorsett

I live in concord anyone interested in it, I can go have a look and see what I think and grab it for the new owner and I can hold it here for a bit for pickup if needed even deliver it for gas money.